Are you an upper-year (Level II – IV) Science student looking to get involved with the MSS? Then consider a position within the McMaster Science Society’s Academic Advocacy Committee (AAC).
The AAC was designed to involve undergraduate students in projects and initiatives aiming to improve the undergraduate academic experience within the Faculty of Science. As a member of the AAC team, you will dedicate 2-3 hours per week to a team meeting (1 hour) and planning amongst your sub-team (1-2 hours). We hope to develop and implement 3-4 separate projects and sub-teams this year. Some projects are yet to be determined, so your ideas and opinions are more than welcome!
As an example of what the AAC has accomplished in the past, check out the Academic Science Fund, a successful AAC initiative.
Still interested in being a part of the AAC? Sign up here! Applications are due by Friday, September 21st.
Deadline for Submission: June 15th 2012 at 5:00 pm.
Two Scholarships // The McMaster Science Society Graduate Award for:
- Outstanding Contributions to the Community
- 2 x 1000 dollar scholarship
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 8.5
- Graduate with a Bc., B.Sc. (Honours), or B.MRSc. from McMaster University by June 30th of the year of application
- 2. Academic Achievement
- 1 x 2000 dollar scholarships
- Minimum cumulative GPA of over 10.5
- Graduate with a B.Sc., B.Sc. (Honours), or B.MRSc. from McMaster University by June 30th of the year of application
- Pursuing Graduate or Professional School (proof of intention is required)
Related Documents (click to download)
**Submit to the McMaster Science Society located in BSB B108.**
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.**
Questions or concerns may be forwarded to the VP Finance of the McMaster Science Society (email@example.com)
The MSS is looking to hire a new Secretary. The application can be found here and is due on Wednesday, March 28th. Get your forms in asap!
The ASF is looking to hire a new ASF Student Rep (application here) and ASF Fund Director (application here). As well, here are the ASF bylaws so as to get you familiarized with what the Academic Science Fund is all about.